Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Kitchen wall prep before refit

In article ,
R D S writes:
I'm undecided,

Whether to make good the kitchen walls, then fit a kitchen.
Because it would be nice to start with, and work in, a nice clean,
square envirinment.

Or given that the vast majority will be covered by cupboards and tiles
etc. just bang the units in and make good what remains visible.

Just wondering what others would do?

Much easier to prepare walls with nothing on them, and probably
won't take any longer than working around cupboards, and avoiding
damaging finishes, etc.

For the floor, I took the view that my tiled floor was likely to
well outlast a kitchen, so I tiled with flush upstands (instead
of skirting) the whole room before anything was fitted.

The floor is not far off 20 years old, and still looks brand new.
(Mind you, so does the IKEA kitchen. I still haven't decided what
handles to fit on the units;-)

--
Andrew Gabriel