Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Condensing boilers in extreme cold weather

On 01/02/2019 22:59, Max Demian wrote:
On 01/02/2019 17:07, Tricky Dicky wrote:
Watching the news last night the reports on the current cold affecting
much of the USA showed several people demonstrating the extreme cold
by throwing boiling water into air just to see it transformed into ice
crystals immediately. I can see that in those circumstances a
condensing boiler might have a few problems. I have seen icicles form
on wire flue guards but never on the flue exit itself. Are we going to
regret having condensing boilers when the next ice age comes?

If it's condensing properly there will be little water vapour escaping
through the flue.

But the plume will still be very visible on a cold day.

--
Email does not work