Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Plastic repair

On Friday, 1 February 2019 19:17:19 UTC, ss wrote:
On 31/01/2019 08:41, Brian Gaff wrote:

Glue a piece of plastic over the rest of the flat bit to distribute the
weight. It has to be clean though, and be careful some adhesives do not like
the low temperatures. I did this many years ago on an old Toshiba fridge it
lasted for over 10 years till the fridge died.

I think I used contact adhesive. Evo stick or similar, and a piece of
Perspex about 1/8th inch thick and about three inches long and 1 inch deep.
OK so it was not beautiful but the shelf was fine!
Brian

Update:
Got a piece of plastic to shape (tight fit) and used an epoxy glue which
appears to have worked.

I've not done mine yet, but plan to use ms polymer sealant to form a replacement block in situ after scraping the foam back so the sealant can get behind it.

We need a wiki section on this

NT