Posted to uk.d-i-y
2987fr 2987fr is offline

Default Kitchen lighting

"Scott" wrote in message
On Fri, 1 Feb 2019 08:29:25 +1100, "2987fr" wrote:

"Scott" wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 21:03:16 +0000, R D S wrote:

We've a small kitchen in an extension, approx 3x2m, it's about to be
gutted and we're looking at lighting options.

I'd stick a 5 foot LED striplight in it but that's not going to get past
managaement,she's talking about spots.

I'm not a fan of spotlights, i've never felt like they fill an area with
light. Am I wrong, are some better than others?

General lighting opinions appreciated.

LED ones are much better -

Extended lifetime, low power consumption. Not quite as powerful as
halogen so you may want more.

You will need to think about colour
temperature - soft white, cool white or daylight.

Not if you use these, you can set any color temp and brightness you like.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Amb...0&keywords=hue

I was thinking about spotlights.

They have those too with the same capability.