Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] swldxer1958@gmail.com is offline

Default Removing a tap top

On Friday, February 1, 2019 at 12:39:33 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Not much help to you, but.
I have a kitchen tap about 8 years old. Crossheaded top. One of the"spokes"
? fell out. I tried to remove the top and could not do it. Top of tap
removed and the screw removed, the crosshead top would not budge. Out come
British Gas - I'm insured - not my idea.
Seems that the top of the tap and the rest of the tap are all one unit and
have to be replaced with a completely new assembly.

Same thing happened to me. Moved into new house and inherited a leaky kitchen mixer tap. Bought two new tap bodies from Wilkos, but after taking out the screw found out that the spindle was seized on. After our lass went mad at me braying hell out of it, she called out a plumber at £150 a pop! He had to hammer it as well, but she did not moan at him as he knows what he is doing.