Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default How much for two 4inch fixed white extractor fan grilles?

On 01/02/2019 10:15, Fredxx wrote:
On 31/01/2019 20:13:01, ARW wrote:
Needed two today for work. They were an unplanned part of the job so I
nipped down to a large UK builders merchants for them.

There is not much choice around where I was working apart from this
merchants.

When given the price I said "You could have put a mask on and made an
effort" before walking out without buying the items.

I am astounded why anyone frequents a conventional builders merchant.
There can be only two reasons, first they deliver on site and secondly I
would hope account holders get a good discount and credit.

I have found it useful to get a price from a DIY shed and ask them to
match, they often will, if not I ask is that the best they can do before
walking out.

Another offender is CEF, I have never bought anything from them. How do
they sell anything?

Edmundsons electrical can also be like that. I bought a few bits cash
last year from a branch where I was not known.

They dropped the asking price from £17 to £7 when I questioned them.

--
Adam