Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] nothanks@aolbin.com is offline

Default Removing a tap top

On 01/02/2019 17:50, TMH wrote:
On 31/01/2019 21:13, wrote:
I rarely get beaten by DIY jobs, but it's looking like this one may
get the better of me.
I'm trying to get the crosshead top off a tap, the sort with a screw
in the side of the head. The screw came out easily but I can't budge
the tap head. I've tried making wedges and tapping them between the
head and the body, and I've tried hot water over the head, but no
success. Annoyingly I can't even budge the nut securing the tap to the
basin, so I can't take the tap to the workbench.
Any ideas?

There's a slight crack in the Twyfords Ceramant basin (which I think
was fitted when the house was built in the 1930s) so maybe it's time
to look for a replacement :-(

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...KYGE#kpvalbx=1

Thanks, but those assume that the centre of the cross handle comes out -
mine don't.