Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] spuorgelgoog@gowanhill.com is offline

Default Kitchen wall prep before refit

On Friday, 1 February 2019 17:22:32 UTC, R D S wrote:
I'm undecided,
Whether to make good the kitchen walls, then fit a kitchen.
Because it would be nice to start with, and work in, a nice clean,
square envirinment.

I know what most people would do.

I made good all the walls to below worktop level then lining-papered the whole room. It's much easier to do that sort of thing in an empty room than work around dropping snotters of plaster on fitted units.

The floor vinyl fitters were overjoyed when they saw what they had to work with - an empty room with a newly screeded floor.

And I hope that when someone in the future takes my units out they'll think that I did a good job in the places that weren't visible.

I must confess that my plastering didn't make the room 'square', though.

Owain