zxcvbob

Default How to figure out if Ineed to upgrade my electrical panel

Ignoramus25700 wrote:
Ihave a 200 amp electrical panel. I am thinking about upgrading my hot
tub/spa, by replacing the old guts of it with a new control center and
new heater, pump, etc etc. The only thing that will remain is shell
and plumbing.

My current equipment is 110v based and I want to put in 220v
equipment. Obviously it will run higher amps due to the much more
powerful heater.

My question is, how do I know if my panel is adequate and that I do not
exceed the amp limitations? What is the relevant part of the NEC that
Ishould study?

thanks.

A 200A panel should be fine, unless it's a Federal Pacific.

HTH :-)

Bob