Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Kitchen lighting

On 31/01/2019 23:35, ss wrote:

I have 4 x LED 6 inch panels as bright as F...! cause thats what
management wanted. Its a 26 foot long kitchen. Switched so that I can
have either 2 or 4 on.Â* A total of 48w compared to 540 when it was
halogen bulbs.

Yep, in friends recently vacated (rented) house the kitchen had a large
number of halogen down lights consuming 400+W and the light was
extremely poor considering the number of light fittings. Replacing some
of the bulbs with LEDS that lit some work surfaces reduced the
consumption but did very little for the illumination.

I thought these days that small down-lighters had started to go out of
fashion as more people realised that they were a C**p solution to
effective lighting.