Posted to uk.d-i-y
sm_jamieson sm_jamieson is offline

Default rcbo neutral and earth tails

On Tuesday, 29 January 2019 09:59:50 UTC, wrote:
I always thought that putting lots of earth wires into a single screw terminal in a cu was bad practice.

If a screw works loose, you could potentially lose several earth connections in one go.

In the case of the functional earths, that means quite a few rcbos will then trip upon loss of functional earth.

You effectively have the behaviour of a split load cu rather than a high integrity and high availability cu.

I would personally use no more than two earth wires in one screw terminal so that you only loose one rcbo circuit plus one circuits earth should it work loose.

Actually thats a good reason for not putting both ends of a ring circuit into the same earth terminal.