Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Bathtub safety

"trader_4" wrote in message
On Tuesday, January 29, 2019 at 11:41:11 PM UTC-5, Rod Speed wrote:
"micky" wrote in message
In alt.home.repair, on Tue, 29 Jan 2019 05:37:33 -0800 (PST), Joe
wrote:

As a senior, i would like to just soak in the tub occasionally, but
find
it very distressful getting out of the tub. i am alone. Now, I have
some
leverage on my left side, where 'bath fitters' installed a bar on the
wall...but its the right side where i have no leverage at all. I know
if i
did, then there would be no problem. Can anyone suggest possibly
installing a bar or something on the right side of the tub? Or know of
something that i could put on the right side that would give me
leverage?
Thanks

There are devices you can sit on and it will lower you into the water,
then lift you up again. They are cleverly designed so that you only
lose about an inch of water depth. I've seen them on the web. I'll
try
to find some.

You probably dont' need this now but in 20 years we both will.

I wont, don't have a bath.

I like to take a tub bath every day.

More fool you. Whats the point in wallowing in your own filth ?

Typical. Someone comes here with an on topic, legitimate AHR type
question
and the Ozzie asshole joins the thread to insult them instead of helping.

He had already got help with his question and I commented on Mickies 's
point anyway.

And then he tries to tell us what's wrong in the world and sitting in
Australia, he has the answers to all the world's problems. We recently
got rid of one major asshole, unfortunately we gained another.

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.