Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Bathtub safety

On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 08:13:43 -0500, Frank "frank wrote:

Would this work?

https://www.medicalsupplydepot.com/Bathroom-Safety-Products-1/Bathroom-Grab-Bars-2/12-Suction-Cup-Grab-Bars.html

Installs and removes without tools or professional installation
Can be installed at any angle
Large suction cups provide an extremely strong hold
Release levers make installing and removing the suction cup grab
bars quick and easy
Red/Green color indicators on top of the handle shows “safe
secure” suction or to “re-affix” suction

I have suction type handles in shower and tub. They are OK but as any
suction device will eventually have to be reattached. I wouldn't rely
on them for full support.

The cups can loose suction. We used them doing door & window
installs.

http://asrentall.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/glass-suction-cup.jpg
Now and then they would need service parts and maintenance