Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Bathtub safety

On Tuesday, January 29, 2019 at 4:37:31 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 29 Jan 2019 05:37:33 -0800 (PST), Joe
wrote:

As a senior, i would like to just soak in the tub occasionally, but find it very distressful getting out of the tub. i am alone. Now, I have some leverage on my left side, where 'bath fitters' installed a bar on the wall....but its the right side where i have no leverage at all. I know if i did, then there would be no problem. Can anyone suggest possibly installing a bar or something on the right side of the tub? Or know of something that i could put on the right side that would give me leverage? Thanks

If you have a local medical supply store/outlet nearby, they may have
what yoou need.

Would this work?

https://www.medicalsupplydepot.com/Bathroom-Safety-Products-1/Bathroom-Grab-Bars-2/12-Suction-Cup-Grab-Bars.html

Installs and removes without tools or professional installation
Can be installed at any angle
Large suction cups provide an extremely strong hold
Release levers make installing and removing the suction cup grab
bars quick and easy
Red/Green color indicators on top of the handle shows €śsafe
secure€ť suction or to €śre-affix€ť suction

Order a wheelchair to go with it. No way I'd rely on suction cup grab
bars, ever. IMO, it's worse than having nothing. Suction cups temporarily
while transporting a glass panel is one thing. Relying on suction when it's
against tiles, of unknown perfection and condition, etc, is nuts.