Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default rcbo neutral and earth tails

On 29/01/2019 11:42, Roger Hayter wrote:
ARW wrote:

On 28/01/2019 16:06, sm_jamieson wrote:
I've just finished tidying up the CU so there is space to fit RCBOs in
place of MCBs, and it looks quite neat. But then there is a pile of blue
and white spaghetti from the few RCBOs that I have already fitted. What
is the best way to treat the neutral and earth tails from the RCBOs ?
Can they be cut ?
Should they be rolled up ?
Of course its fine strand wire, so I suppose ferrules would be needed ...

They must be cut down to size (esp the neutrals)

I would not bother with ferrules for the neutrals.

The last one I did I put all the earth leads together.

Photo here of part finished job.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/6/6d/RCBOmeters.jpg

Rather too much visible copper above some of the terminals for some
tastes.

I did say unfinished job:-)

That was a bit of a rushed job. I only had a couple of hours to do it
and I had a sore head that day - been out for drinks with Geoff CETLtd
the night before.

--
Adam