Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Bathtub safety

On 1/29/2019 10:28 AM, Joe wrote:
On Tuesday, January 29, 2019 at 9:14:17 AM UTC-5, Bill Gill wrote:
On 1/29/2019 7:37 AM, Joe wrote:
As a senior, i would like to just soak in the tub occasionally, but find it very distressful getting out of the tub. i am alone. Now, I have some leverage on my left side, where 'bath fitters' installed a bar on the wall...but its the right side where i have no leverage at all. I know if i did, then there would be no problem. Can anyone suggest possibly installing a bar or something on the right side of the tub? Or know of something that i could put on the right side that would give me leverage? Thanks

You can get grab bars that clamp onto the outside of the tub.

Bill

Thanks, would be helpful if you could recommend where i could get such a clamp.

Pharmacies often carry such stuff for invalids. My wife has one for a
ceramic tub but if your tub is plastic hers may be more difficult to get
a firm clamp.

Also see that Home Depot carries a variety of clamps. Probably cost
less than drug stores.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Drive-15...E&gclsrc=aw.ds