Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default rcbo neutral and earth tails

On 29/01/2019 13:18, wrote:
On Tuesday, 29 January 2019 11:42:45 UTC, Roger Hayter wrote:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/6/6d/RCBOmeters.jpg
Rather too much visible copper above some of the terminals for some
tastes.

And a mismatched main switch so the board fails type approval?

Does that matter?

I thought the only extra thing with type approval was assurance that it
was good for 16kA PFC whereas individual components were only for 6 kA.

Of course if the manufacturer's instructions so you *must* not mix that
might make a difference - though in the 17th all that was required was
to "take account of manufacturers' instructions" (510.2). And I'd doubt
a court would look kindly on a manufacturer whose component failed
causing the house to burn down if they argued "it doesn't matter that
our bit was faulty, it wasn't all our kit so you can't touch us".

--
Robin