Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] stephenten@tesco.net is offline

Default rcbo neutral and earth tails

I always thought that putting lots of earth wires into a single screw terminal in a cu was bad practice.

If a screw works loose, you could potentially lose several earth connections in one go.

In the case of the functional earths, that means quite a few rcbos will then trip upon loss of functional earth.

You effectively have the behaviour of a split load cu rather than a high integrity and high availability cu.

I would personally use no more than two earth wires in one screw terminal so that you only loose one rcbo circuit plus one circuits earth should it work loose.