Posted to uk.d-i-y
FMurtz FMurtz is offline

Default What to do about that crack at the side of the stairs.

Rednadnerb wrote:
Yes I mean flexible decorators caulk. You paint over it and it's the paint that cracks.
Often the caulk itself loses it's flexibility and curls at the edges.

I know that you can't paint over silicone. I am thinking of a bead that is applied after decorating much as you would around a kitchen worktop.
I have seen new beech skirting boards fitted in an office and the gap between the skirting board and the wall filled with silicone.

What about a bit of quad or decorative wood beading?