Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Is My Planer Set Up Correctly?

On 1/28/2019 7:30 PM, dpb wrote:
On 1/28/2019 4:25 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

The outfeed roller is definitely lower than the infeed roller and that is
what my question is. Should it be?

Went and looked and I'd actually forgotten on the Model 13 both are set
the same height, only the compression spring is adjustable.

http://www.vintagemachinery.org/pubs/1141/18135.pdf

shows how a planer is designed to work and has some very useful
description of usage that is applicable for any.

Now I don't know about these little guys...well, gargle,gargle...oh!
there actually is a manual!Â* It says right there

"The planer is supplied with planing blades mounted in the cutterhead
and infeed and outfeed rollers adjusted to the correct height."

http://www.vintagemachinery.org/pubs/655/1296.pdf

Now, here's a kni^h^h^hplaner!

It doesn't show the outfeed rollers; you're on your on to adjust as see
fit! I'm almost certain I remember they do have both compression spring
and height adjustment but I'll have go look to be certain; I've not had
to adjust it in years...one advantage of the mass--nothing flimsy to it...