Posted to rec.woodworking
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default PC 7529- Anyone still using one?

On Mon, 28 Jan 2019 17:08:09 -0500, Larry Kraus
wrote:

On 1/26/2019 6:30 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 1/19/19 11:46 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 1/19/19 9:14 AM, John Maldonado wrote:
replying to -MIKE-, John Maldonado wrote:
I'm interested in how you fixed the problem.* can you expand on the
details?

Well, it's been 10 years since I posted this and seeing that the
homeowners' hub forum conduit for this usenet group doesn't quote
posts in context, I can only guess that you're asking about my switch
modification.

Maybe if I'm out in the shop, today, I'll see if I can take the handle
apart and take some pictures to show you.

Alright, guys... here ya go!
https://youtu.be/ibpKLnqqJPg

Thanks for putting up that video. I've not (YET) had that problem but I
remember reading lots of complaints and wondering "Is this the time it
will fail?" every time I got out my PC7529. It was my first router and
always worked well, but it mostly sits in the case unless I specifically
need the plunge. Collected a few other routers since then.

The plastic "fingers" that hold the microswitches (one for line and
one for neutral - double insulated tool) appear to have warped.
Placing the wedge between the "finger" and the base of the handle
would be a better fix. The wedge where it is will eventually cause the
mounting "finger" to move farther from it's original and intended
position, causing the top microswitch to again misbehave. Wedging it
against the switch has no downsides and will keep the switch in
position and functioning properly.

If "I" was doing it I'd likely remove the handle/switch assy (the
black piece) and drill and tap a hole in the grey plastic allowing me
th thread in a #8 or #10 screw to force the finger into place.