Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Morley Rob Morley is offline

Default Lenovo tablet screen spontaneously cracked

On Thu, 3 Jan 2019 09:54:20 -0800 (PST)
Cynic wrote:

I bought a lenovo 10" tablet in November as a present for my adult
daughter. Just prior to Christmas she left it overnight on a wide
window cill. In the morning she found a crack across the glass
screen. It had not been subject to dropping or any other impact. I
returned it to the Argos shop where I had bought it and it was duly
sent off for investigation. Today I received a telephone call to say
a replacement screen was not covered under warranty and replacement
would cost £130 (the tablet was £110 new). I refused the repair cost
and the tablet will be returned to me. However it seems to me
unreasonable to have a crack develop in such circumstances. I would
expect stresses in the unit during manufacture to have a bearing on
this failure.

My first thought was "swollen battery" but I don't know if
there's /any/ likelihood of that in new equipment.