Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Look165 Look165 is offline

Default Software to calculate Ohms Law and other electronics math

It is simply the application of the Ohm-low :
sigma(I)=0 at a node.
sigma(V)=0 along a loop.
And , of course V=Z*I.

a écrit le 27/01/2019 Ã* 04:56Â*:
Is there any Software to calculate Ohms Law and other electronics math?

I have never been good at Mathematics, once you put numbers over other
numbers, use alphabet letters in place of numbers, or talk about
squaring a number, I am completely lost. This is nothing new. Even in
high school I needed special help and barely passed algebra.

Yet, I have worked with electronics all my life. (55+ years). I usually
fInd the correct resistors by trial and error, using pots and decade
boxes. Or using meters for watts, amps, or volts.

Most of the time I see someone in a youtube video using this kind of
math, I skip the video. I just hate math and always will.

But I'd welcome a piece of software that would calculate simple ohms law
things like determining the resisitor size or amperage, etc.

Yes, I'm aware of websites that do that math, but I do not have internet
access in my shop, which is where I need this sort of thing.

Is there any software (preferably free) that I can put on my laptop PC
to do this? (Must be suitable for Windows XP SP3 Pro).

Google did not find anything except those online (web based)
calculators...