Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rednadnerb Rednadnerb is offline

Default What to do about that crack at the side of the stairs.

When decorating I'm often asked if there is anything that I can do to stop the crack between the stairs stringer and the wall from re-appearing. I've always said not really, I'll rake it and fill it with caulk and it will look good when I walk out the door but it will come back in time.
But now I've got a customer and I can tell that he's not really happy with that answer.
Has anyone ever used a silicone bead for this? or anything else?