Posted to uk.d-i-y
Greg McCawley Greg McCawley is offline

Default Towerstat RF receiver failed?

replying to Jeremy, Greg McCawley wrote:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/Home_owners_hub

Hi, I can confirm that Jeremy is absolutely correct about the 560nF capacitor
(equivalent to 0.56 micro Farads). I had exactly the same symptoms of the
Receiver failing, found this thread and when I disassembled the Receiver I
found the exact same capacitor as described ( I ordered a new one
(https://vod.ebay.co.uk/vod/FetchOrde...&ul_noapp=true)
replaced it and the Receiver immediately worked. I had checked the dimensions
on the Wurth website and it is 1mm less in the critical height. Thank you,
that has saved me £55 less the cost of the capacitor - Keep up the good
work! --

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...ed-590959-.htm