Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Snowdon David Snowdon is offline

Default Software to calculate Ohms Law and other electronics math

Go to http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/cq_h..._ham_calc.html and
download HAM-CALC ( HCALC_129.zip ). I unzip the file into a ram-disk
whenever I need to use the program. Since it uses GWBASIC, you need to
type "cmd" in the START - Run.. box. I see that you are using WinXP,
so this isn't a problem. For more recent version of Windows, you would
have to install DOSBOX first.

David

---
Adrian Tuddenham wrote:
wrote:

Is there any Software to calculate Ohms Law and other electronics math?

Basic Ohm's Law calculations can be done on a pocket calculator without
the need for anything more complicated. The biggest pitfall is knowing
*which* voltage or *which* current is actually applied to a particular
resistor, especially if there are several in some sort of array.; it is
not always obvious.

The logic of real-life circuit problems is not particularly amenable to
being sorted out by software.

---