Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default SWA, where and how to fix on an external wall?

On Sunday, 27 January 2019 17:03:05 UTC, Chris Green wrote:

So, I have somewhat changed my plan for feeding power to the new shed
(well, it's a summer house really). As per previous questions I was
going to run the power suspended from a catenary wire but that
produces appearance/cosmetic issues at the destination so I've decided
to bury it.

However the first several metres will run along the back of the (3
car) garage which results in a few questions:-

How low can it be? I want it to be as low as possible really.
There's little risk of collision damage as there isn't even a path
there for people, let alone any sort of vehicle.

How should one fix it? Is there any requirement for fixings to be
fireproof?

Then on to terminations:-

Is it correct/normal to just put the (correct sized) glands in a
hole in the side of the CU or is an intermediate junction box of
some sort the normal way?

Finally as regards the buried bit:-

How does one start/finish? It can't stay 500mm deep all the way! :-)
At one end it runs into a slope, can it just go horizonatlly until
the required depth is reached? (OK, I guess this is down to what
seems right to some extent but any guidance would be welcome)

Can SWA be laid on the ground where there is no possibility of vehicles or walking, in a situation where neither burial nor suspension is satisfactory? I assume not.

You can get plastic coated metal P clips.

NT