Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Confirm switch wiring, please

On 27/01/2019 19:48, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
On Sun, 27 Jan 2019 19:36:25 +0000, ARW
wrote:

On 27/01/2019 19:20, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
On Sun, 27 Jan 2019 19:09:45 +0000, ARW
wrote:

On 27/01/2019 11:13, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
On Sun, 27 Jan 2019 10:55:03 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

Also of course if you get it wrong the cb will ping and there are not that
many choices to try. I know it sounds daft but one has to have fun and you
have also proved the cb works as well!

Brian

Er! The cables look like nothing I have seen in a 2 Way switch
arrangement.

But they look like 50% of the thousands of two way switches I have seen.

RGB?

Ones exposure to domestic wiring is a trifle limited, but I have not
come across those colours in a home before.

Whatever the colour, cables do not just "drop out".

RYB.

I did not watch them on TV.

I stand corrected. Apologies, although I must admit I saw the insides
of a lot more TV sets than light switches :-)

What happens if the phases are switched, does the room go darker in
the daytime?

It's single phase. There is no phase to switch/short circuit to.

--
Adam