Posted to uk.d-i-y
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] is offline

Default Confirm switch wiring, please

On Sun, 27 Jan 2019 14:15:40 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

On 27/01/2019 10:46, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
On Sun, 27 Jan 2019 10:36:11 +0000, ss wrote:

Light switch 2 gang both are 2-way.
The stair switch works ok at the top of stairs, at bottom stairs it only
works dependent on the position of the upstair switch.
I opened up and there appears to be a loose wire, can someone please
confirm that the yellow wire is needing reconnected as per image.

https://imgur.com/a/pnUTTWQ

No I cannot anyway! Try prayer, or an oija board.

https://circuitdigest.com/sites/defa...ire-method.png

That is a deprecated way of wiring a two way switched system, and also
as evidenced from the use of 3&E in the OPs photo, not what is being
used here.

The more appropriate diagram would be the second one in this section:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...tching_circuit

Hard to say how it is wired, I have never seen yellow used in a
lighting circuit, I can only assume the cable was left over after some
ancient three phase control project.

The piccy strongly suggests further investigation is needed, not just
stick the wire in what looks like an appropriate hole and screw it up.

DIY or professional, there should be no uncertainties with electrical
power.

AB