Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Parry Peter Parry is offline

Default IP Cam configuraton V380

On Sun, 27 Jan 2019 13:08:55 GMT, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:

OK, I picked up a really cheap, new it's box, PTZ IP camera from a
charity shop to play about with, which I seem to have tracked down to a
model V380. It only offers wifi access, no LAN and it seems to be
designed to operate as an access point mode, or to work with an
existing wifi access point. The later is selected by pressing the reset
button for two seconds and pressing the button (name) on a router to
allow it to log in - except it doesn't. That despite resetting a spare
router to default 192 range and knowing the cam's default IP is
192.168.1.1.

These devices tend to use WiFi protected setup (WPS) for initial
connection by physically pressing the WPS button on the router.
However, some routers disable WPS by default so you may need to hunt
for a WPS option in the router menu and turn it on. You usually have
only a very short time (30 sec or so) to press the router WPS button
on the router after starting WPS on the camera. (WPS does not work
with WEP).