Posted to uk.d-i-y
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] is offline

Default Confirm switch wiring, please

On Sun, 27 Jan 2019 10:55:03 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

Also of course if you get it wrong the cb will ping and there are not that
many choices to try. I know it sounds daft but one has to have fun and you
have also proved the cb works as well!

Brian

Er! The cables look like nothing I have seen in a 2 Way switch
arrangement. The fact that one has come adrift means that the whole
caboodle is suspect.

A positive ID for each switch cable wouldn't take long and like PPE
MCB's should be a last resort as regards safety.

If an RCD or Breaker needs testing, keep it at that. Dont test one
unknown against another.

A pretty poor job would be to test the breaker first, then rely on it
for protection. Even worse is combining the two.

No short cuts I'm afraid. Get the meter out and check every terminal
in the process.

AB