Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Disable deadlocking mechanism?

On 26/01/2019 18:50, Tim+ wrote:
GB Wrote in message:
I needed to buy a Yale 89 night latch in a hurry, to replace a broken
one. The only one available was one with a deadlocking facility. This is
the only exit from a flat, so it's possible somebody could get locked
in. Does anyone know if it's possible to disable the deadlock on one of
these?

Surely there's a knob on the inside for deadlocking (and
unlocking) on the inside?

No. It's for glass doors (which this isn't). You turn the key on the
outside, and it locks the whole mechanism inside the lock. I was just
thinking there might be a small lug or something that can be removed
inside the lock mechanism that stops this. I've emailed Yale, but it's
unlikely they'll help.

Otherwise, I'll have to buy a new lock, which is annoying but not the
end of the world.

Tim