Posted to uk.d-i-y
Custos Custodum Custos Custodum is offline

Default Dimming LEDs

On Sat, 26 Jan 2019 20:09:56 +0000, "dennis@home"
wrote:

On 25/01/2019 12:11, whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 24 January 2019 18:42:34 UTC, Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:
In article , Steven
wrote:
Which is one thing I dislike about LEDs. I tend to dim lights
when I'm relaxing. And the 'sun going down' quality of the
light from dimmed tungsten suits me well. And that's before
LEDs not matching halogen quality when that's on full. Perhaps
one day.

Its here now with the best of the LEDs which have full color
temperature and dimming control and you are free to specify a set
of color temps and brightness and switch between them.

Sadly, there's more to light quality than the nominal colour
temperture.

Dips in the spectrum effect some colours but not others. Etc.

Yes as daylight comes from the sun who's light mainly comes from
hydrogen it's NOT the same as any LED presently produced on earth.

The brightest peaks are from sodium.

Sodium makes its presence known by absorption lines, not peaks.

Sunlight is not a continuous spectrum even though it looks like it.

Actually it is, more or less. It corresponds to black body radiation
from an object at ~6000K (the surface temperature of the sun) with
numerous absorption lines due to the presence of various elements in
the solar atmosphere.