Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Woodstove hinge pin graphite

"Stumpy" wrote in message
On 1/26/19 11:52 AM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 26 Jan 2019 11:21:41 -0800, Stumpy
wrote:

On 1/26/19 10:58 AM, Tekkie® wrote:
trader_4 posted for all of us...

Looks like good stuff. High temp grease grease is usually 2 part
compound where the grease component evaporates at 350 deg. and leaves
graphite behind to continue lubricating. I'm not familiar with caliper
grease and Permatex keeps their proprietary info obscure. I know that
the door gets over 350 deg.

I must be in another universe. Having never known of a wood stove
hinge pin being lubricated. I had one I took to ~1,000°F burning
Maple.

Sorry I can't help.

I bet your exterior hinge didn't get that hot, but mine squealed like
hell. Hot or cold.

Just lousy design. Mine never did.