Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Conduit fixed below joists OK?

wrote:
On Saturday, 26 January 2019 09:33:05 UTC, Chris Green wrote:
Is it acceptaple to run cables in (probably standard plastic clip on
cover) conduit fixed to the underside of exposed joists?
It's to run a couple of 2.5sq mm feeds across the ceiling of a garage

If you use 20mm plastic conduit it will take 2 x 2.5 mm T&E, and you can
use metal conduit saddles to satisfy the fire support requirements.

Drawback with conduit is that you have to thread the cables through rather
than laying the trunking over them.

Doing the voltage drop sums I think I'll probably need 4sqmm, but if I
do that I'll only need one (see new thread) cable so it would fit
easily in a 20mm conduit or an oval 25mm.

I'm now trying to decide whether to use a single length of PVC T&E
with conduit and catenary for the overhead bit or whether to use T&E
for the indoor bit and SWA for the outdoor bit. It probably doesn't
matter all that much.

--
Chris Green
ยท