Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Well learned lesson

On Friday, January 25, 2019 at 12:30:37 PM UTC-5, Rod Speed wrote:
"trader_4" wrote in message
On Friday, January 25, 2019 at 11:49:14 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Fri, 25 Jan 2019 07:55:49 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Thursday, January 24, 2019 at 10:02:47 PM UTC-5,
wrote:
On Thu, 24 Jan 2019 13:42:42 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Thursday, January 24, 2019 at 3:58:54 PM UTC-5, Frank wrote:
Submersible pump failed on my well. Plumber has worked on it in
the
past and installed new pump and pressure tank over 10 years ago.

He pulled the pump, put a new one on to discover that the well must
have
collapsed as it would only go to 3/4 previous depth. Then no
matter
what he did, he could not pull it out. He had to cut off the top
of the
pipe to hook to the house. We have water but water table is up and
pump
surrounded with debris may not last long. Plumber would not take a
partial hit on his bill but I paid him anyway. I should get water
for
transition to new well in a week or so. Neighbor could supply me
through a hose but it freezes with low temperatures. I had
supplied the
previous owner for a week a while back when they had the same
problem
but weather was nice.

Just hired a well digger to put in a new well since the old one is
partially collapsed and new one will be needed sooner or later.
His
costs are also less for a new pump, plumbing and pressure tank than
the
plumber's. My previous neighbor recommended him after going
through the
same process.

My plumber who did good work in the past and will now be history
has
taught me the lesson of not getting a plumber to work on your well.

Let me get this right. Your ****ty old well collapsed and you're
trying to
blame the plumber, who you say did good work in the past? He didn't
collapse
it by pulling and replacing a pump.

No he is trying to say the plumber is more expensive and still might
be able to fix your problem.
If you have a well problem, call a well company.

And the result would not have been the same, anyway? A well company is
going to eat the cost?

"He pulled the pump, put a new one on to discover that the well must
have
collapsed as it would only go to 3/4 previous depth. Then no matter
what he did, he could not pull it out. Plumber would not take a
partial hit on his bill but I paid him anyway. My plumber who did good
work in the past and will now be history"

What did the plumber do that was wrong and why should he take a hit on
the bill for what he did, given that Frank's ****ty old well collapsed?
IDK what they do where Frank lives, but here, the casing goes the depth
of the well. I've had a well that was 180 ft deep with a casing all the
way. Perhaps they have good wells that cost more and ****ty wells for
cheapskates?

The well company would have diagnosed the problem faster (less labor)
and they might have given him a break on that call because he was
drilling a well. They get a better price on pumps because they buy in
bulk..

It's pure speculation. We have no info as to how much experience that
plumber has with wells and pumps, what discounts he gets on materials.
A collapsed well is still a collapsed well and the plumber didn't do it.
Yes, maybe a well driller might have given him a break. It's also
possible that he could have chosen a well company that said, it's
$6K for a new well, we'll forget about the existing $500 bill for the
work we;ve done. And he might find another well company that will drill
it for $5500 or less anyway. But the bottom line here is that despite
what you claim, Frank is clearly ****ed at the plumber, who did nothing
wrong, as evidenced by:

"My plumber who did good work in the past and will now be history has
taught me the lesson of not getting a plumber to work on your well."

He's like Trump, always blame someone else.

He's not blaming someone else, he's just realised that using
a well company to do stuff with your well can be better value.

Of course he's blaming the plumber, you dumb troll: