Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Eternal server gone ?

Why would any isp block a usenet port? I'd have thought that was rather
counter productive if they want people to use their services.
We are supposed to have an open access internet here in Europe.
Net neutrality and all of that.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
Nick Odell submitted this idea :
I'm using news.eternal-september.org without any difficulty.
Are you aware of the eternal-september.support newsgroup? You can see
what's exercising other minds or ask your own questions over there.

Thanks, but no mention in there about any issues with reader80..

Not a problem, I have swapped over to news.eternal. I was using reader80
originally to get around Talktalk blocking the usual ng ports.