Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_6_] michael adams[_6_] is offline

Default A typical Brexiteer on here...

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
michael adams wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
An article by A A Gill...

The first "X" I ever put on a voting slip was to say yes to the EU. The
first referendum was when I was 20 years old. This one will be in the week
of my 62nd birthday.

Poor old Gill died four months after the referendum.
Strong meat and not always to everyone's taste,
a sort of Jeremy Clarkson on steroids, a mate and
fellow hack behind the S.T. Paywall. God knows in
what state he'd be in by now, had he lived.

Paywall of not, paperbacks of Gill's stuff show up
fairly regularly second-hand.

Did the article not get through some news feeds?

Eh ? I read a copy and pasted article.

I assumed the reason you did that, was because the
original article itself was behind a paywall.

Chasing up an article on something else entirely I notice
"The Sunday Times" are offering 3 months subs for something
like £1. I suppose there's going to come a time sooner or
later when I'll have to bite the bullet and buy
something from Murdoch.

What appealed here was it amused.

Amusing or not, it was a very accurate .

Gill got into a lot of trouble over calling Claire Balding
"A dyke on a bike" in an S.T. review of one of her TV
programmes. Which to be fair like Frankie Boyle's "back
of a spoon" remark concerning Rebecca Adlington's appearance
was a bit O.T.T

michael adams