Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dimming LEDs

On Thursday, 24 January 2019 19:43:29 UTC, Steven wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Steven wrote:

Which is one thing I dislike about LEDs. I tend to dim lights when I'm
relaxing. And the 'sun going down' quality of the light from dimmed
tungsten suits me well. And that's before LEDs not matching halogen
quality when that's on full. Perhaps one day.

Its here now with the best of the LEDs which have full color temperature
and dimming control and you are free to specify a set of color temps
and brightness and switch between them.

Sadly, there's more to light quality than the nominal colour temperture..

Yes, but those more expensive leds go out of their way to
do a lot more than just vary the nominal colour temperature.

Dips in the spectrum effect some colours but not others. Etc.

Those dont have dips in the spectrum for that reason.

cobblers. Is this Rod again?