Posted to alt.electronics,alt.home.repair,alt.sci.physics,uk.d-i-y
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default How can you possibly fall off a self balancing scooter?

On Thu, 24 Jan 2019 20:47:28 -0000, Romera Etafodor wrote:

I tried one, once, I couldn't stay on it. I see countless Youtube videos of people falling off them. But why? If you are about to fall over backwards, shouldn't it feel the tilt of your feet and simply roll under your centre of gravity? It should
be impossible to fall off.

Half the people on the planet are below average IQ so are incapable of riding a self balancing scooter.

For the double-digit IQ crowd there is the Teknique HD6 powered wheelchair.

https://www.hoveround.com/mobility-s...y/teknique-hd6 .

My point was why does the rider need any skill whatsoever? The device should move under your centre of gravity automatically. Perhaps they have to be calibrated, and people falling off are borrowing someone else's of a different height or weight?