Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Ontel Handy Heater

On 1/24/2019 2:57 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 1/24/19 8:57 AM, Frank wrote:

[snip]

My wiring is strange in parts.Â* House is 45 years old.Â* I don't know
how many circuits in the kitchen not including electric range on its
own circuit.

My house is 20 years old, and the outlet behind the refrigerator (a
strange place for a heater) is almost on a dedicated circuit.
Unexpectedly, the bathroom light is on it too.

[snip]

I did a actually plug a microwave in there too. It's been that way for
almost 15 years, and no problem yet.

Wife's portable heaters are 1,500 watts. Plugged into other parts of
the house have tripped breaker.

I got her an air fryer for Christmas. She loves it and will not turn on
the portable heater in the kitchen when in use. She was worried about
small TV there but I pointed out that it only uses 40 watts.

People should understand power requirements of appliances and also
recognize that power spikes are needed to start electric motors and too
much load can trip breakers.