Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dimming LEDs

In article ,
wrote:
On Wednesday, 23 January 2019 16:32:07 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

That could be the problem. The more you fiddle with LEDs to get a
continuous spectrum, the more the efficiency drops.

who is trying to get continuous spectrum from LED lighting?

If you want colours to look fairly similar as in daylight, me.

Same, really, as with
florries - but more so.

Halophosphates gave far closer to full spectrum than the more modern &
far more efficient triphosphor coatings.

True. But I reckon a decent triphosphor is closer than any LED I've come
across.

--
*One nice thing about egotists: they don't talk about other people.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.