Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Casey Terry Casey is offline

Default Paper Shredders

In article ,
says...

On 24/01/2019 10:21, Andrew wrote:

You really must NOT put shredded paper in the recycling bin. Our blue
bins full of plastic, cans, cardboard and paper go to one of those
sorting facilities and shredded paper bungs up the machinery.
It's one of the things council have told us that we must not do.

That is not true of all recycling collections. The only simple rule is
"check your council's guidance".

+1

However, even where it is permitted, I don't think they would
be happy with the humungous ammount we seem to be discussing
here!

Our previous council didn't have anything to say about it
either way but, as the recycling there was placed in shallow
plastic boxes with lids easily lifted by the wind and, in any
event, carried to the truck minus their lids, I used to
collect any large paper bags I came across - our local
pharmacy used them a lot - write SHREDDED PAPER on them with a
bold marker and fill and seal the bags. It probably made it
easier to handle them at the recycling plant, too.

--

Terry

---
https://www.avg.com