Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco Art Todesco is offline

Default Ontel Handy Heater

On 1/23/2019 9:19 AM, Frank wrote:
On 1/23/2019 9:06 AM, KenK wrote:
This is a 300 W space heater that plugs directly into outlet. Says uses
400W. Oddly, instructions say it should be only item on electric circuit.
Makes no sensa - 400W leaves about 11 A available. The circuit I plan to
use also feeds the refridgerator. Should work ok, right?

Suggestions?

TIA

Should be OK:

"A 725-watt refrigerator draws 725/120 = 6 amps."

I googled that for refrigerator start up.

My wife has popped the breaker on our kitchen when using toaster oven
and space heater at the same time.Â* That's overdoing it.

Might be that the lost 100 watts are for a fan and for the electronic
temperature control. Hey, heat is heat! Also, in the old days, maybe
only 35 years ago, many new houses didn't have a dedicated circuit for
the fridge. In my old house, built in 1971, there were 2 20A circuits
in the kitchen. The fridge was on one, but there were other outlets on
that circuit as well.