Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Bathroom mirrors

In message ,
newshound writes
On 23/01/2019 16:19, Tim Lamb wrote:
Bollox to that. Use a batten to get it level and use *mirror glue*
to hold it in place.

No worries abput screws.

Big worry about other people deciding it is in the wrong place:-(

And mirror glue will take the back off if you do move it, and probably
the plaster skim too. But I agree, if you are very confident about
positioning (e.g. if above tiles over a sink) then glue is the quick
and easy way to go.

The mirror is ordered and will be supplied with 4 corner fixing holes.

I'll take view on wall flatness when I install. I assume the fixings
will have plastic spacer washers. If this is likely to lead to excessive
flexing, I can take up Harry's suggestion of silicon strips and cling
film to protect the silvering.

The location is pretty much determined by where there is sufficient
vertical space to stand and shave (or perfect the eye make up) but not
conflict with toilets/towel rails etc.

--
Tim Lamb