Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default USB power supply.

On 23/01/2019 14:56, Martin Brown wrote:
Since I'm doing a bit of modification to my AV installation, I'm
wondering
if such a thing exists. I have several 5v devices (things like a toslink
to analogue converter, a couple of SCART to HDMI, etc) that all have
their
own wall wart USB PS. A single one would take up less space and be tidier
(assuming it didn't introduce ground loop problems) . But I'd rather it
was a box with a mains lead, rather than a wall wart. As the power
distribution is IEC, rather than 13 amp.

Powered hub might do. I steal power off the TV USB sockets for mine.

I asked this question before when I was considering using the
12 V output from my PC power supply to power a number of those
low-current devices.

Andrew Gabriel said he did just this. I think an inline fuse
was a good idea.