jmagerl

Default Solar Landscape Lights

1) They need full sun all day to even last 2 hrs at night. Any amount of
shade greatly reduces on time
2) Kiss winter operation goodbye. Store them inside. Shorter days, longer
shadows, and frozen batteries don't work too well
3) If you expect to illuminate more than a foot of ground forget it. They
serve to mark the path. Thats it. Think of an LED keychain light.
4) Batteries are a maintance item.

Having said that, I have quite afew. They can add some visual contrast to
the landscape at night in areas you can't run power. The ones that change
color are interesting to watch.

"Banister Stairwell" wrote in message
My wife wants landscape lights for the front yard. She's convinced that
solar powered lights will work fine, but I'm not sure. They do seem to be
less expensive than their hard-wired transformer & timer operated
counterparts. One of my concerns is that there are many areas of our yard
that do not receive direct sunlight. Another concern is that they don't
seem very bright.

Has anyone had any experience with these solar-powered lights? I'd be

most
grateful for any comments or opinions on the pros and cons of solar vs.
standard landscape lights.

Thanks in advance.