Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dimming LEDs

On Wednesday, 23 January 2019 16:49:24 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:
When the blue leds came out merely by changing feedback in the drivers.

I don;t think that is true, blue LEDs needed a different 'chemical' in order to produce blue light nothing to do with driver feedback.

you
could get the mixed light to dim a bit like a tungsten but I'd have thought
all of that could be easily done nowadays in the actual driver chips.

No, nothong to do with the driver.

After all I still imagine white is more than on Led in the same housing.

Some use a specific LED for white light.

I wonder if you could use a laser diode as a light transmitter?
Brian

Well lasers do produce light not sure what yuo mean by transmitter though.