Posted to alt.home.repair
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default Ontel Handy Heater

In article ,
KenK wrote:

This is a 300 W space heater that plugs directly into outlet. Says uses
400W. Oddly, instructions say it should be only item on electric circuit.
Makes no sensa - 400W leaves about 11 A available. The circuit I plan to
use also feeds the refridgerator. Should work ok, right?

Ken-

The worst thing that can happen would be a blown circuit breaker.
Assuming you would notice the loss of power, a refrigerator should keep
cool for several hours. (After storm-caused outages, my refrigerator
keeps solid ice for 8 hours overnight.)

But you are right, it makes no sense. Perhaps they use the same
instruction sheet for higher power heaters.

On the other hand, 400 Watts is not much of a heater. It would only be
good for a small area or a small amount of warming.

Fred