Minnie Bannister

Default Bond all grounds together?

I am asking for practical instruction how to ground my antenna tower
(when I erect it), etc. in accordance with the NEC.

MB

On 02/15/04 06:04 pm Mark put fingers to keyboard and launched the
following message into cyberspace:

I understand that the NEC requires that all grounds (e.g., lightning
protection grounds and grounds for radio transmitting equipment) must be
bonded to each other and to the utility company's ground. The books I
have read say this is accomplished by connecting everything to the
ground "at the service entrance panel." But how is this to be
accomplished? By clamping the ground conductors to the conduit (after
cleaning it down to bare metal) that comes out of the ground and up to
the meter on the wall of the building? By bringing the ground conductors
through the wall of the building and into the panel and there connecting
them to the existing ground bus? Or . . . ?

Are you asking as a matter of general curiosity, or are you attempting
to correct what you believe to be an existing grounding problem?